International Business Programs CoordinatorCalifornia State University, Fresno Foundation
Position Summary: Full-time, benefited position with the International Business Programs through the California State University, Fresno Foundation. The International Business Program consolidates all international program/project activities within the Craig School of Business under one clearly identifiable and highly visible umbrella. This consolidation is expected to create harmony between the School's international activities and its mission and goals, establish guidelines and a consistent base for institutional support, provide more coordination and efficiency among existing programs, and to increase international grant/contract activity. The International Business Program Coordinator is responsible for all duties related to the operation and development of the program. The position is location within the Craig School of Business, on the Fresno State campus.
Essential Job Functions: Under the supervision of the International Business Programs Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Coordination of International Scholars Program, Summer Study Abroad Programs, International Exchange Programs, International Executive Business Programs, and Visiting Scholar Programs in terms of budget, promotion, structure, content, course development, company visits, cultural events.
• Analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports for Director review and approval
• Carrying out the planned strategies in recruiting International/Domestic students in order to meet the minimum requirements of the program (minimum headcount/enrollment, etc.): attending College Fairs/Preview Day, on campus and off campus higher education institutions, classes and conferences (domestic and internationally)
• Promotion of the Summer programs and developing initiatives in searching and establishing new partners and clients through International Educational fairs, school visits, internet promotions
• Collaboration with International Student Services Programs for International Scholars admissions, Visa requirements and new international student orientations
• Coordinating with Continuing and Global Education office in regards to the course registration and curriculum selections
• Recruitment of international students and serve as liaison for international students with the admissions and onboarding process and serve as support for the acclimation of international students
• Coordinating with the Craig School of Business departments, Undergraduate Student Services, Graduate Program, University Business Center in regards to the admission, class selections, and events planning for International Scholars and Domestic students
• Developing and establishing new International Exchange partners for undergraduate/graduate exchange and general international programs
• Assisting and monitoring social events and activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise
• Discussing and conferring with staff to coordinate events including set-up details
• Inspecting all event facilities to ensure that they conform to client's specification; Ensuring execution of contracts
• Consulting with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions
• Meeting with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress
• Reviewing event account for accuracy, billing and approve payment
• Evaluating and selecting providers of services according to customer requirements
• Planning and developing programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements
• Conducting event staff meeting for post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field
• Must have at least two (2) years of professional experience with International Programs and projects.
• Proficiency in the English language o Fluency in one additional language preferred
• Minimum two (2) years experience in financial accounting and analysis with a non-profit organization
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments under challenging environments
• Must be able to travel abroad for at least a minimum 45 days per year as well as available to travel domestically
• Experienced in performing all job duties in many different environments including foreign countries, which includes program coordination in these countries including working with vendors, professional academic organization and program sites
• Minimum one (1) year experience in student supervision with travel abroad programs
• Minimum one (1) year in student requirement from higher education institutions in foreign countries
• Minimum one (1) year planning and coordinating internal business programs conferences
Salary/Benefits: Salary will be commensurate and competitive with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Deadline: Application review begins December 28, 2017.
California State University, Fresno is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click http://fresnostate.edu/adminserv/smokefree/index.html Employment for this position is by the California State University, Fresno Foundation. This is not a State of California position.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Ada Employer